Hey there! My name is Damon Wolf, and welcome to my little piece of the world.
Life isn’t simple for anyone, I think we lose sight of that when we look around us and see others who seem to be content with where, and who they are. Sometimes it takes one individual a longer amount of time to find that balance in life, than it would someone else. I’m just a normal guy, but I wanted to document and share my personal experiences in life with others. My hopes in doing so, are that it may help many realize that we all go through ups and downs in life, and how normal it is.
The Purpose of This Blog
I have spent some years drifting from online communities and chat rooms for individuals who are struggling to cope with life and/or something they have recently gone through. But then the times did unfortunately come, where I needed support, and I was surprised at how little is offered!
Sometimes we are afraid to ask questions or can’t bring ourselves to open-up to someone else on that level. If anything I have to say could in some way help you, or someone you know; then this blog will have served its purpose. Seeing how chaos could look so normal in someone else’s life, can sometimes be all we need to find hope that our own life can be better.
We’re all in this life together, like it or not, why do we have to do it alone?
Why I Started Blogging
I decided to start blogging through my day-to-day challenges (and positives!) to begin to address issues that many individuals face just by existing. I’m here to help! My experiences are my own, but I firmly believe there are so many aspects of life that get left unspoken of. I enjoy writing and sharing my compassion through my posts, being able to connect with others and know you are making a difference, even if a small one, is what it’s all about for me. Will every post be life changing for someone? Probably not, after all I am writing what I feel at the time and sharing it all with you. It could be a post about something as serious as suicide prevention, or some unforeseen event that may have left a negative impact on my day.
There will be plenty of positivity lining all my posts though, turning pain to power is the message I strive to speak within posts.
….And we can’t forget posts that will undoubtedly surface with Hank (my fur baby you will get to know very well if you stick around!). He is very much so a part of my day-to-day life.
Who is Hank? I don’t Feel Like Waiting to Find Out!
Ok, maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned Hank as a closing sentence haha. Hank is an American Bully, and he just turned 2 years old January 10th, 2019. He is quite literally like a son to me, despite being a dog. (Dog Dad 1000%) I got him when he was 6 weeks old, and man was he CUTE, 12lb and full of wrinkles. 2 years later he is 100lb and as handsome as it gets.
Animals make such a huge difference in the well-being of your life. Sometimes I think that is another underrated aspect of positive effects in life. If I had a bad day at work, I know I can come home and sit on the floor with him and tell him about my day. (Yes, I talk to him like he is a human being.) Sure, he might not be able to talk back, in so many words; but they communicate in their own ways.
25 Random Facts About Hank and Me
- I used to raise and breed Reticulated Pythons and Burmese Pythons! (Many types of reptiles really, but those were my favorite.)
- Hank was the last of the litter, for some reason; but out grew his siblings and parents.
- I am continuing my triple Associates Degrees in Web Programming / Development, Cyber Security, and IT Business Solutions. I’m expected to graduate 2019-2020
- Hank hates bananas! (He will gag if he even gets wind of one.
- I am a World of Warcraft veteran and total nerd.. 10+ years in the game and not stopping yet! (Need someone to WoW with? Add me!)
- Despite all my efforts to deter him, Hank adores shredding any toy he gets. Does not matter how strong the toy is, he has taken apart things in a scary-fast amount of time. But long as he enjoys it, right?
- Pickled eggs are golden in this household.
- Hank has helped raise foster kittens from newborn stages to 12 weeks, many times. He is an excellent fill-in animal dad.
- I have CPTSD, but most can’t tell.
- Hank see’s the good in everyone regardless of how they treat him. He is the most forgiving dog you will ever meet
- I learned to type extremely fast through the duration of all my years playing World of Warcraft. (Odd I know.)
- Hank is not easy to wake up in the morning. The alarm goes off at 6:00AM, and he wants no part in it! ‘Carry on without him’, he’s thinking.
- Truth be told I hate waking up early myself! I’m more of a night person. I’m with Hank on that.
- Some of Hanks nicknames include… Hankerton, Bobo-chan, Big Guppy. (Probably more, but you get the idea)
- I can be too straight-forward or blunt for some, not everyone is a fan of it.
- Hank may have spent a tad bit too much time with kittens, if he see’s something cushy to sleep on, he will make himself fit on it haha.
- I have only ever lived in Ohio, though I have moved throughout most of the state at one time or another.
- Hank knows many worded phrases, his favorite by far is “I brought you something.”
- I wrote a very long novel when I was a young teenager, but never got it published.
- Hank adores rides in the car, specifically if the windows are down and his head is hanging outside the corner of the back seat soaking up all the fresh air.
- My favorite color is lime green and someday I plan to get a car in that exact color. Yes!
- I’m an insomniac that loves my sleep when I do manage to sleep.
- Hank never has issues sleeping, he’s out like a light most of the time.
- If I could live anywhere… I’m not sure where I would choose. Somewhere with Hank and lots of happiness. Is that a valid answer?
- Hank is the best dog I’ve ever had the pleasure of sharing my life with.